Tuesday 8 April 2014

Texas Hill Country Roadtrip

Texas Hill Country Roadtrip | My new trip on Roadtrippers.com!



This was our route for our road trip through the Hill Country. It was beautiful and especially during Spring all the flowers are starting to blossom all over the area.  
For the first time ever I properly used the Lonely Planet guide for Texas (this one, the new one just came out this January)- we even used all their restaurant recommendations, which is something I never do. I always want to find my own places and don't rely on the 'hype' of the travel guides. Anyway, it was just easy to figure out dinner plans and it worked out really nicely- all the restaurants were pretty good and met our expectations.
My favorite little towns were Boerne and Gruene.
I don't have pictures of it because we bought a little waterproof throw away camera and I haven't developed them yet , but we went river rafting/tubing on the Guadelupe River in Gruene/New Braunfels and it was a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
It was super hot, a little bit windy and the river was beautiful. We rented equipment from Rockin R and it was just the perfect day for it. We took beers and snacks, tanned, watched those ugly turtles on the river, got stuck on rocks and swam. It was like a dream, let me tell ya.

It was a perfect weekend getaway and I'm still dreaming about it.


No comments :

Post a Comment