Sunday 28 February 2016

BUZZING FOR THE OSCARS 2016

 
It's finally Oscar Sunday (even though by the time we watch it it'll be Monday, but hey) and therefore my favorite day in February. While in other years we have gone all out in terms of food and Oscar Bingo, this year (and I blame this on my Uni peeps) it was all about the films and who is going to win. In a way this is obviously what it should be about, but this year we raised the stakes a little and created our own Oscar pool, with money and all. SO IT IS ON! I think I have never seen that many nominated films before the ceremony, hands down. I will list some of my favorites down below. Anyways, everyone in our group obviously wants to win and prove that we know what's going down in Hollywood and sometimes that ain't pretty. So let's all hope I will be the glorious winner of 20 quid (and therefore beat my teacher, who is also taking part) haha.


Meanwhile, we are obviously still very excited for the food opportunities. 
 
I am OBSESSED with these popcorn cakes/balls- for tonight, I will make the slightly easier cake version on the left side. Loving the sweet and salty combination. You can find the recipe here.


If you also want to create your own last minute Oscar pool, here you go.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/02/2016-oscar-ballot


My favorite Oscar nominated films this year are:



Honestly, the first 40min of the film are pure WTF. But then this weirdo of a film just starts to grow on you (and this is coming from a strong disliker of action films haha)



I have been looking forward to this film for what felt like ages. Brie Larson so deserves that Oscar!



Just a great film and so impressive coming from a first time director!


Everyone (!!!!!!!!!) needs to see this film. I LOVE IT SO SO SO MUCH and I want it to have 2356 sequel babies.


No comments :

Post a Comment