Friday 12 April 2013

Sleep Talk App

via Itunes
I have had a fair share of people telling me that I talk in my sleep. It was probably 'worst' during camp, when I woke up my poor Ukranian roommate during the night because I was screaming like I was getting stabbed. And that happened almost every night. Usually I know where my dreams are coming from, stuff I just saw or though of.. But that screaming scared me, mostly because I ever remembered what I was dreaming about and just in general, I felt just fine and comepletly happy! I even looked it up online and the condition is called 'night terrors' and there is no treatment for it.  Oh well.
It went on all summer, and there was that one time when I told her to look at the window, because "there was someone" (how creepy to say that when we are in a cabin in the woods in the middle of nowhere-I feel so sorry for her haha, I would have peed my pants if someone told me that at night). The highlight was probably in New York, when Georgie and I were in a hostel and I woke everyone up in the middle of the night because I was screaming for help, thinking I was stuck...







Anyways, I always wanted to hear what I said in my sleep and of course there is an app for that.
I love this app, it records your jibberjabber during the night and lets you listen to it the next day and even save the interesting bits. It records everything above a certain sound level and while there is a lot of tossing and turning and pillow noise, you can clearly hear yourself talk when you sleep. It is amazing and so creepy, seriously.
While some of my babbling is so strange I don't even know what language it is, there is some identifiable swearing in English going on haha.
My other favorites of my sleep talking:

  • Ich möchte eben umdekorieren, aber das umdekorieren nervt mich eben (hahah well I know where that is coming from!)
  • I know, I am sorry.... It's okay ... (apparently I have schizophrenic tendencies)
  • ooaah ihgitt (haha and the way I said it- full of disgust :D)
  • I... hate.....bubum... 
  • F*cking hell

The best thing about the app is that you can share it with other app users and there are rankings of the best sleep talks haha, you can even pick all the different countries! Now there is a lot of farting going on, but very scary stuff as well. I can't compete with that at all!

Now I think the app was 69p, but that was definitely worth it!

2 comments :