Monday 7 July 2014

ROAD TRIP// Louisiana Swamp Tour

I guess I waited long enough, I need to share these pictures with you. After classes ended, Denise and I rented a car in Houston and went East. We stayed in Baton Rouge, and during the day we drove to Slidell to go on a swamp tour. Alligators, turtles and snakes were waiting for us!

I read some good reviews about their swamp tours, so we just went ahead and booked with them. They are still really old school with no internet booking and stuff


They can also pick you up from your hotel, but we drove to the landing where the boats leave from.

I just love all the trees with the Spanish Moss!

Our tour guide showing us a trap with crawfish (it was crawfish season)


Denise and me

their cute little office/gift store

turtlezzz hanging out

alligatorzz tanning

momma alligator hiding in the grass


We were really lucky to see a couple of alligators, as there obviously is no guarantee that you actually see them on every tour. The swamp is so beautiful and such a unique place,  I loved the boat tour. This should definitely be on your to do list when you are in Louisiana.

No comments :

Post a Comment